Join us this Sunday to hear more about Living Stones Bible Reading Plans & The Bible for the start of our “Scripture” series.
In the meantime, we wanted to provide you with the ability to easily get started on your Year Long Bible Reading plan right on January 1st.
The Bible Reading plan is about learning the Scriptures through a daily commitment to opening your heart and mind to God. This is a discipline essential to all disciples of Jesus. The Bible Project has created a unique and powerful experience, called Read Scripture, to help us engage with the text throughout the year.
This plan includes four chapters of Scripture a day, along with one Psalm of Prayer. Along with the plan are bi-monthly animated videos providing insight on the book we are currently studying and occasional videos covering the major themes of Scripture.
In order to start the reading plan, head to the App Store and searchRead Scripture, download the app, and that’s it. You can also download the app through tapping the following link: Read Scripture App.
Note: This plan is only available on Apple iOS devices, however .pdf version is available for printing. Along with that, the reading plan is available under the name “Eat This Book” on the Life.Church Bible App.
ALTERNATE READING PLANS
Living Stones is a church made up from a variety of people from all walks of life. Because this is true, we understand that a variety of reading plans is necessary for as many people as possible. Detailed below are two other types of reading plans and from there information on how to add these plans to your phone.
One Book, One Body is our beginner and entry level plan, we believe this is a great plan for anyone new to the faith and looking to be challenged to daily pick up Scripture.
- Bible App Keyword: One Book One Body
- .pdfs broken up by month (halfway down the page)
First Steps is our intermediate stage, this plan exists for someone that has found a regular rhythm of reading the Bible but is looking to be challenged to push deeper in their reading.
- Bible App Keyword: First Steps Reading Plan
In order to utilize these, head to the App Store, Google Play, etc. and searchLife.ChurchThe Bible App and download the app. You can also download the app directly through tapping the following link: The Bible App
- Open the app and tap the “plans” button on the bottom. Then “Discover” up top. From there, tap the magnifying glass icon to search for the reading plan best suited for you (Reading Plans detailed above).
- Tap your chosen plan, then the “Start Plan” button, choose whether or not you’d like to share your activity with friends. And that’s it! Each day just open the app, tap on plans and you’ll find your chosen plan ready to go.
- Set up notifications to help remember your daily reading, tap on your Plan from the “Plans” list. Then tap on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner. From there just turn on Notifications, you’ll be asked what time you want your notification each day. And that’s it!
Listening to the Bible
One of the reasons we love the Life.Church Bible App is that it lets you listen through your chosen reading plan. If you are new to reading Scripture or have a hard time finding time to spend reading Scripture. Start by listening to the Bible during your commute, while you’re getting ready in the morning, or doing chores around the house. We believe that God’s word is living and active (Hebrews 4:11), and isn’t limited to doing its work within us only when we sit down in silence with the Bible and a cup of coffee.
Because the Tier 1 & Tier 2 reading plans are already in the Life.Church Bible App, listening to the plan will be as easy as tapping the “speaker” icon from within the app.
If you are following the Read Scripture plan and would like to utilize the audio portion of the reading plan, just download the Life.Church Bible app for audio playback.
For those of you who do not have a device that connects to an app store or the internet, we have plans available at the Connect Desk or you can print a plan from of the links below.